Sunday 14 March 2010

It’s my party and iIl cry if I want to!

Oh wow I’m going to be 33 soon. I feel old. My Mum must feel even older.

I hear the all important question, 'what do you want for your present' they all cry?? It’s so close to Christmas and I have everything I need, that’s what having a job does. I can buy what I like!

Think, think............. Vouchers. It has to be vouchers.

Everyone hates buying vouchers. They are impersonal and project the image that you don’t care. Who am I kidding I love buying them. You can order them online and there is no fuss. There is no deliberating over the flowery egg cup set or the perfume that you’re not sure she will like!

I have settled on Bluewater vouchers. My favourite shops are Oasis, Warehouse, GAP, Dune, NineWest, House of Fraser and M&S Autograph to name a few. I have dropped hints at work to get me the vouchers. I know that the girls in my office love to buy all things smelly and I can’t stand that stuff. I am very stuck in my ways. I like Palmolive Shower Gel, Olay Face Cream and Sure Deodorant, and trust me I do not deviate from these.

My birthday arrives and I get £140 worth of Bluewater vouchers, result! They were listening! I promptly buy myself the coat in Next I have been hankering after. I must admit I normally hate Next. They make their clothes for people with short bodies either that or they are trying to create a new trend for crop tops, plus if you don’t see someone out with the same top as you, you are lucky! This Next coat was the result of much searching where even French Connection could not help. I did visit Warehouse and Oasis too as they are always reliable. Warehouse seem to be stuck in the winter. Where all the other shops have spring lines Warehouse is decidedly grey and dowdy. Oasis just seems to be a bit New Look at the moment and River Island???? Well I don’t know what has happened to them. You could always rely on them to provide that top for Saturday night, but they seem to have gone luminous and cheap and trashy. Maybe im getting too old for fashion!

I wasn’t convinced on stripes this year although my younger sister assures me they are in fashion. On a recent trip to Brighton I spotted a stripy blue knitted dress in Oasis, and I love it. I am now wearing skinny jeans and leggings much to the delight of my baby sister (26).

Anyway, Bluewater, such a pleasant place to shop! Indoor, no cheap shops, plenty of eating places. Thank heavens for half price Zizzi and Pizza Express vouchers! Loch Fynn is also a favourite of mine! Oysters mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

I love looking round the jewellery shops and I adore small elegant items. My sisters, oh yes I have 2, kindly bought me a necklace from Dogeared, which is popular with the stars apparently! It’s small and cute and Beaverbrooks didn’t really have anything that compared. One of my sisters works in Beaverbrooks which is a great shop by the way. Its upper class yet affordable (end of advert!). H.Samuel and the others just don’t compare. Don’t let the fact that they sit you down and offer you a drink put you off. You can afford it!

Anyway, after the coat I still have £95 still to spend on a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment