Monday 8 March 2010

Mobile phone confusion...

The contract on my Nokia 6500 slide is coming to an end. I have decided that I am going to buy a SIM card and go on to pay as you go. I probably use 100 minutes and 50 texts per month and cannot warrant paying £26 per month to Three. Three have been great and despite the complete slating they get have served me well. The reception is not bad, the phone was free, the contract was a good price and it makes me happy to know that the weather is good at the call centre in India.

I, like the next person, love getting a new mobile. The shiny buttons, the new menu. You can’t help feeling better than your friends when you leave it lying on the pub table.

Unrelated to this my work colleagues are all getting Blackberrys for work purposes and of course my ears pricked up. Would I like this Blackberry thing? Is it cool? And more importantly can I press the buttons with my long nails?

I vowed I would not tie myself into a new contract but here I am today with a shiny new Blackberry Bold 9700 and a £35 per month contract for 2 years. Will I use 900 minutes? No. Will I make good use of unlimited texts? No. Will I use 512MB of internet a month? I doubt it! The pull of a cool, state of the art multifunctional handset was too much. I strolled in to Carphone Warehouse in Brighton and they gladly answered all my questions about Blackberry services and voicemail costs.

Phones4u eventually sold me the contract. I might add Three were extremely reluctant to let me go, to the point where I shouted at them on the phone to get my PAC number! The Blackberry Bold 9700 is fantastic and blows Nokia out of the water. No more software problems for me!

I must say it has made me closer to my friends as Facebook is now linked to my email and I reply to all my bites and pokes. Maybe I’ll consider Twitter and Myspace next. Blackberry application world is good and I feel extra special in the Blackberry lounge. Who knows I could win the Xbox next week! The internet connection is great with 3g and super quick. The camera is ok, 3.2 megapixel and the sonar ringtone is my favourite. The handset just looks so cool! My colleague pays £25 per month for a Curve with unlimited access on the internet. I played around with it and thought yes, great, this is the handset for me!

My obsession with research took over and I upgraded several models to the 9700. It had 3G, a better camera, trackpad technology. In fact it’s way better than the Curve and Im a sucker for the latest thing!

I don’t like to have 2nd best. My friends husband has the Iphone3G so of course I looked up the 3GS being the better model. Not only was it going to cost me £180 on the £40 per month contract I would need an extra handbag to carry it round in. Trust me it’s not good for putting in your clutch bag on a night out!

I must add when I bought my phone I got 2 free Nokia pay as you go phones, 3 months free insurance and a car charger for free (the store manager was very accommodating).

I would like to finish up by saying GET A BLACKBERRY 9700, you won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment